Oaxaca City is surrounded by different picturesque and original towns that, despite their proximity to the City, still preserve their traditions and original antique buildings. Such is the case of Tlalixtac de Cabrera, a community nestled at the side of the Sierra Juárez mountains.
It is located only 27 minutes from Oaxaca downtown, its name means “Tierra Blanca” (white land”, and it was founded by the Zapotec town in the XII century, so it is one of the oldest towns in Oaxaca. it is about a big village in which can be still seen houses made of adobe. Its traditions and colonial style give it its originality and beauty. A traditional market can be found, and there is also, of course, a big church that contributes to the colonial atmosphere of the place.
A curious fact is that the renowned painter from New Spain Miguel Cabrera was a native of this municipality.
Surrounded by mountain views, this town is a house for locals and also foreigners, who love its style and tranquility.
If you are looking for properties in a quiet location and close to nature, Tlalixtac is the perfect one for you. Fall in love with its culture, lifestyle, and people, spend your days watching sunsets from the comfort of your property, and entertain yourself by watching through your window animals as horses and donkeys walking by the streets.
Here we present you gorgeous 4 properties located in this astonishing locality:
- Casa Nativa is a house located in the heart of Tlalixtac which is why, its design was inspired by the original facade of the houses of the town, its color was chosen so it would not break with the harmony of the place. This property is available for long rentals. https://silmexicooaxaca.com/property/house-for-rent-in-casa-nativa-in-tlalixtac-de-cabrera-oaxaca-real-estate/
- This beige house is perfect if you need big spaces, it is composed of only one floor, 3 beds, and a big front yard. Its design is a little bit more modern. This house is available for rent too. https://silmexicooaxaca.com/property/gorgeous-spacious-house-for-rent-in-tlalixtac-de-cabrera-real-estate-oaxaca/
- Casa Amori, is definitely, a dream house. Its salmon color and wood finishes keep a fresh atmosphere inside the house, in addition, all the spaces were designed so they have a view of the beautiful garden with different species of plants, from the aromatic lavender to the gorgeous succulents. It is composed of 2 levels and a terrace with a pergola ceiling. This house is available for sale. https://silmexicooaxaca.com/property/house-for-rent-in-casa-nativa-in-tlalixtac-de-cabrera-oaxaca-real-estate/
- This 3rd option is perfect for those who like rustic style, it combines adobe and wood with a touch of modern effects. This property has 3 en suite beds, composed of 2 levels and a terrace with unique mountain views. https://silmexicooaxaca.com/property/new-cultural-house-in-tlalixtac-oaxaca-real-estate/
- And last but not least, if what you are looking for is something less modern and colonial style, here we have this fixer-upper option, it has a beautiful mountain view and also a big garden, in addition, it has a water wheel like the antique houses. https://silmexicooaxaca.com/property/property-for-sale-in-tlalixtac-de-cabrera-oaxaca-real-estate/
Wait no longer and contact us to arrange appointments and visit these properties, encourage yourself to live in one of the most authentic places of Oaxaca.
By Jessica Hernández.